Brown-Forman Retail Inventory Control and Shipping Coordinator - Woodford Reserve Homeplace in Versailles, Kentucky
Position Summary: Scope of Position: Working under the direction of the Inventory Lead and working closely with the Retail Team at the Woodford Reserve Gift Shop, this position involves direct interaction with all retail staff, management, delivery company personnel, vendors, shipping providers and Guest Services staff. Primarily responsible for assisting in creating and maintaining inventory records, accurate inventory counts, pricing merchandise, maintaining inventory sheets, processing and properly packing all customer orders and maintaining direct communication with customers during shipping processes. Must also provide backup for other areas of the operation which include: shipping, cashiering, re-stocking all areas, answering phones and providing excellent customer service.
● Receives, unpacks, sorts and inspects delivered incoming merchandise, supplies and materials; confirms that delivered goods match the purchase order specifications of quantity, description, condition, costs, etc. and completes necessary paperwork
● Compares PO to packing list and invoice for accuracy prior to initialing and passing to Inventory Lead for receiving into the retail system.
● Ensures accuracy on shipping order fulfillment and processing
● Responsible for ordering and maintaining shipping supply inventory and placing orders when needed via UPS
● Responsible for acknowledging and fulfilling retail shop needs from the warehousing area, ensuring the gift shop and back stock are always filled
● Processes mail orders using Retail Pro and UPS Campus Ship
● Responsible for receiving and unloading pallet deliveries multiple times a week ● Compile and maintain records and reports involving each inventory item or inventory category, receiving history, adjustments records, and other reports may be necessary ● Conducts weekly cycle counts of selected inventory; spot check inventory by performing daily inventory counts on specific items or categories
● Compare and investigate physical stock/inventory counts against retail software reports ● Propose to retail leadership solutions to resolve inventory discrepancies
● Assists in preparing for and conducting physical inventory counts annually, or as deemed necessary
● Monitors SKUs and pricing labels on merchandise to ensure items, labels and SKUs (including size, color) match exactly
● Responsible for the organization and maintenance of the inventory storage areas and staging areas for efficiency and safety
● Monitor and alert management to low inventory levels, abnormal trending for operational supplies and inventory
● Effectively communicate inventory statuses and issues to management
● Able to perform all retail associate job functions including: customer education, operating POS system, cash handling and bottle engraving
● Provide retail operational backup duties as needed.
● Will be cross-trained in all areas of the retail operation
● Is knowledgeable with our licenses, laws, rules and policies and ensures all are being adhered to at all times
● Works with Floor Lead to remedy customer shipment issues
● Assists with special events set up and execution when needed
● Performs related Visitor Center duties as required
● A minimum of 2 years of retail experience is required
● A minimum of 1 year of recent customer service experience is required
● Inventory maintenance and/or warehouse experience
● Must Possess a current, valid Kentucky Forklift license certification. (may be obtained upon hire)
● Must have an understanding of inventory management
● Must have strong mathematical skills
● Must have strong communication skills
● Must have computer knowledge and ability to learn to operate computerized equipment and systems
● Knowledge of spirit sales and spirit shipping laws
● Knowledge of and strong operational skill of forklift operation
● Must be 21 years of age or older
● Must be physically capable of standing for long periods of time.
● Must be able to lift, carry and move moderately heavy objects from the ground to waist height up to 90 lbs.
● Must be physical ability to bend, stretch, twist and reach on a regular basis is required ● Must be able to work any shift and/or overtime as required.
● Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
● Must be able to work occasional evenings
● Retail experience in the spirits/ wine industry preferred
Tools and Equipment used:
Computer, phone, copy machine, radio, calculator, dollies, carts, engraving machine, retail software, shipping software, various printers, external card readers, registers, tablets
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required in this Role:
● Strong math skills
● Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
● Strong attention to detail and accuracy
● High accountability
● Ability to provide exceptional customer service
● Ability to lead by example and demonstrate rules, knowledge of our products, and history ● Ability to work well with others and contribute positively to the Woodford Reserve Team ● Ability to adapt in a positive manner; anticipate, plan and react quickly in a continually changing environment
● Ability to shift back and forth between different sources of information and tasks ● Ability to learn and operate a variety of computer systems and equipment ● Ability to think independently, yet follow direction
● Ability to learn and operate engraver and Corel Draw
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Marketing
Req ID: JR-00003078