Brown-Forman Woodford Reserve Logistics/Shipping Supervisor in Versailles, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One Responsible for safety, morale, quality, productivity, delivery, and cost in the Woodford Reserve Logistics Department that ships over a million cases annually. Apply inclusive leader strategies to nurture a work environment where all employees feel empowered to bring their whole and best selves to work each day. Oversee all activities related to shipment of customer orders of Woodford Reserve, from receipt through arrival at destination, including inventory management, resource optimization, and regulatory compliance. Schedule daily and weekly production activities and assign duties and responsibilities for three operators. Lead and coach employees in the proper execution of duties, provide training and manage performance. Control labor costs and expenditures and supervise operations within department productivity targets and budget. Supervise operations to achieve established standards for sanitation, quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
What You Can Expect
● Coordinate order shipments, including preparation and filing of commercial paperwork, planning with scheduling, and bottling, scheduling carriers and customs brokers, monitoring the accuracy of order picking, and auditing and balancing computer shipment records.
● Maintain daily shipment transactions in SAP, including any necessary changes to an order for accurate invoicing and case goods inventory.
● Complete shipment paperwork, including bill of lading, government forms, certificates and letters to distributor or customer, depending upon customer specifications. Distribute and file paperwork within specific time limits set by the department.
● Partner with corporate and plant supply chain teams to maintain optimum inventory levels of all products, efficiently utilizing resources in support of those activities.
● Manage By the Barrel programs including the oversight of sample shipments liaising with Brand Management on applicable program needs.
● Assist with co-packing efforts with external warehouses.
● Maintain DOT, IATA and IMDG certification, serving as plant point of contact and confirming appropriate shipping documents.
● Assist Production Planning Manager with maintaining accurate SAP records for all product movement (production, shipments, location transfers, damaged goods, product returns, misc. transfers, and physical inventory adjustments). Research and reconcile inventory discrepancies.
● Conduct cycle counts on raw materials and finished goods, including researching and reconciling differences with the production team.
● Review and submit payroll on a weekly basis. Approve vacation and personal day requests.
● Support the TTB Analyst and serve as backup for export FET responsibilities as needed.
● Maintain all FET tax related records and ensure the proper and timely payment of all tax obligations. Tracks and reconciles tax payments including reconciliation with Distillery TTB reports.
We Are Looking For People Who
Have a Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years operational leadership/shipping/logistics experience in a manufacturing/warehousing/related environment or Associates Degree and 5 - 7 years applicable operational leadership/shipping/logistics experience in a manufacturing/warehousing/related environment or combination of education and 7+ years applicable operational leadership/shipping/logistics experience. Proficient experience working in ERP systems i.e. SAP and computer software i.e. Google Applications, Microsoft etc. Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel, both internally and externally. Strong communication skills and ability to write clear and definitive procedures. Ability to manage independently and complete assigned workload within established deadlines in a high-volume consumer goods industry. Ability to work a flexible schedule to support the needs of the business across shifts and weekends.
What You Can Add To The Team
Master’s Degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent). Salesforce and Google platforms. Knowledge of export documentation/customs requirements. Experience with continuous improvement projects.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00004216