Brown-Forman Woodford Reserve Plant Production Leader - Bottling in Versailles, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One Responsible for productivity, cost, quality, on time delivery, continuous improvement, safety and employee morale in Woodford Reserve Bottling operations. Serve as front line leader and strategic contributor to the organizational leadership team. Schedule daily and weekly production activities and assign duties and responsibilities for approximately 30 hourly Bottling employees, as operations require. Lead and coach employees in the proper performance of duties, provide training and address performance issues. Approve time, vacation and personal day requests for hourly employees. Administer attendance-related discipline as needed. Control labor costs and expenditures and supervise operations within department productivity targets and budget. Supervise operations to achieve established standards for sanitation, quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
What You Can Expect
● Monitor and record downtime for all equipment in the Bottling area.
● Effectively facilitate and manage changeovers to meet production scheduling requirements.
● Investigate equipment and system failures and provide trouble-shooting guidance to operators on all Bottling equipment.
● Support maintenance organization by utilizing work order processes, preventive maintenance programs, and equipment downtime tracking.
● Develop, implement and evaluate job specific skills training for each individual employee within their natural work team.
● Support team in operational problem resolutions, continuous improvement and standardizing production processes.
● Engage in TPM training and integration into Woodford Reserve organization and support ongoing efforts to improve OEE. Explore innovation in terms of technology, people, processes, and systems.
● Utilize resources effectively – look at internal/external resources.
● Develop/plan short- and long-range objectives in support of company.
● Leverage resources effectively to meet plant KPIs per budget standards (e.g., cost/case.)
● Participate in budget and capital development.
● Manage labor/overhead budget for respective shift.
● Develop and implement cost savings projects.
● Manage quality of raw materials, liquid and finished goods per quality assurance standards.
● Manage operational performance and area sanitation to meet or exceed plant KPIs.
● Maintain a safe work environment and promote accident prevention by eliminating potential hazards.
● Understand and adhere to federal, state and local regulations.
● Actively engage with and own relevant aspects of site EHS compliance metrics.
● Manage and drive key leader metrics, including conducting Take a Minute meetings for safety, performing area assessments and resolving all corrective actions in a timely manner.
Diversity & Inclusion
● Apply inclusive leader strategies to nurture a work environment where all employees feel empowered to bring their whole and best selves to work each day.
● Actively seek diversity of thought when working to solve problems, overcome challenges and innovate.
We Are Looking For People
Who have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2-5 years of operational leadership experience or 5-7 years operational leadership experience in a manufacturing environment. Demonstrated leadership experience managing groups or major projects/initiatives. Strong interpersonal skills; able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization. Demonstrated mechanical aptitude to assess performance of equipment utilized in production operations.
What Can You Can Add To The Team
Education: Master’s degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent)
● Experience in Bottling environment
● Experience with continuous improvement projects
● SAP experience within distilled spirits industry
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00003039