Brown-Forman Logistics Specialist in Finland
What You Will Do in This Role:
This scope covers day-to-day Customer Service and Logistics activities for both ex Finland and Riga warehouse for countries/areas assigned separately. Handles orders, transportation, documentation, forwarding and reporting.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business regarding Finlandia Vodka orders, transportation and forwarding and BF product orders from Riga warehouse. Act as consolidation point for Altia and Riga warehouses, B-F CSC in Louisville, own region contacts, carriers and other official authorities.
What You Will Experience:
Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of customer sales and purchase orders:
• receiving orders from Brown-Forman and/or preparing orders for own region
• B-F region: checking on the orders: SKU´s, delivery terms, documentation etc.
• own region: entering the orders into SAP-system
• checking of the availability of SKU´s, production plan, estimated delivery time
• coordinate day-to-day operations for Riga shipments including inbound, outbound, Tax Stamp reporting
• maintain Order Report for markets served from Riga warehouse
Implements prepaid freight initiative by maximizing container weight and cube, pallet configurations and equipment determination.
Arrange and coordinate transportation details between BFF/BF Logistic team, customer, freight forwarder and shipping facility
• agreeing on the exact loading times with Altia Logistic Center and carriers
• preparing of the export documentation
• arranging transportation from Riga warehouse
Issue invoices, debits, credit, and returns as necessitated by order discrepancies, changes, damage or miss-shipments
• contact Altia or Riga warehouse on discrepancy issues, preparing reclamations to carriers and claims to insurance companies etc.
Coordinate with SKU Administration on new, changed, on-pack, gift carton SKU´s and on required product certificates.
Update Market Manuals, shipping instructions of all territories.
Prepare or arrange certificates and documents required by foreign/local authorities
Control after shipment
• controlling that proof of export has been received for every shipment
• controlling that excise tax liability has been ended for every shipment
• checking the freight invoices from carriers
• controlling of NCTS (customs transit procedure)
• filing the documentation for the period required by authorities
• follow-up EU Customs regulations
Participate in regular meetings (BFF/CSC and LVL/CSC)
Participate on development projects related to Logistic Processes.
Work as back-up of another Logistics Specialist during her/his absence.
Inform the manager about any exceptional issues (e.g. issues concerning exceptionally big quantities in orders, issues with SKU´s or carriers).
Develope own skills in separate territories.
What You Bring to the Table
Experience: • 3+ years of in-depth customer service/logistics experience
• knowledge of international business
• commercial or technical education
• willingness and ability for teamwork
• “hands-on” operations experience of computer systems to perform daily order processing, invoicing, documentation and communication: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Notes and Chrome, GMAIL
• must be focused on customer needs, take initiative to act independently and solve problems by analyzing and finding effective solutions
• must be committed to providing high quality customer service that meets or exceeds standards to remove the potential of problems
• demonstrated oral communications skills with ability to respond effectively and efficiently to inquires from a variety of internal and external contacts
• demonstrated written communications skills; ability to compose e-mails, memos and letters on a daily basis
• language requirements English, and preferable also Finnish
• demonstrated ability to apply basic analytical skills/mathematical skills
• demonstrated ability to manage, prioritize, and complete workload in a high pressure/fast paces environment within established deadlines
• knowledge of terms of sale, customs clearance documentation requirements, order/invoicing procedures, and shipping practices
What makes you to standout
Experience: • experience in order processing and invoicing in distilled spirits industry
• working knowledge of the product lines and the manufacturing process
• knowledge of EU Customs requirements
• experience of the use of SAP-system
• Other additional language skills
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00002370