Brown-Forman Country Manager - Thailand in Thailand
Scope of Position:
The position plays a vital role to effectively implement Country strategies and lead Brown-Forman’s portfolio, people, consumer and route-to-consumer initiatives in Thailand. Furthermore, it ensures the smooth operation of local BF organizations and manages the existing route-to-consumer partnerships and brand building plans together with Brand Manager. Member of the Southeast Asia regional leadership team.
· Long & Short term Strategy & Business Development. · Development, execution, evaluation of Commercial and Financial plans. · Supervision of key consumer & customer marketing initiatives and programs. · Organization and People management (marketing and sales teams) – Talent Development.
· Annual planning - Lead the development and execution of annual Business Plans (in accordance with mid & long-term plans). Set business objectives, define KPIs, allocate resources (investment, people, time spent) and ensure that all key stakeholders are totally aligned and focused on key priorities.
· Mid/Long-Term planning - Formulate and lead the development of mid & long-term Country Strategic Plans for brands, portfolio, channels and the organization. Build and present plans with investment proposals to seek growth opportunities as requested
· Prepare other (ad-hoc) strategic documents & presentations / support regional GM / actively participate in regional meetings and international projects.
· Contribute to (and approve) Marketing Strategic documents & sessions (S&I, Brand Plans, Launch Plans etc.)
· Serve as the primary contact for all local DPs management topics. Negotiate margins, pricing, volumes, budgets, resources, distribution levels and all contract related elements with support from legal and finance
· Establish discipline and set standards (KPIs/Scorecards) with DPs to evaluate performance and quality of execution. Monitor DPs performance on a monthly/quarterly basis to ensure delivery of forecast and budget (volume / value / execution). Conduct annual review meetings with DPs leadership teams in order to identify opportunities and implement corrective actions.
· Build and maintain close and smooth working relationships with DPs teams / Develop clear way-of-working procedures and set mutual agreed operational interface standards.
· Keep BF brands at the forefront of DPs programming & sales and ensure strategic alignment through the development and implementation of relevant engagement, motivational and training programs.
Commercial | Reporting:
· Deliver yearly channel objectives (budgeted volume sales and profit goals) by establishing plans, commercial policies, budgets, incentive programs; setting measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections as necessary.
· Implement ongoing Trade Visits to maintain sustainable relationships w/ key customers and identify new business opportunities. Gain Market data and Consumer Insight to increase sales expertise of BF in the markets and sharpen local BF Strategies and Plans.
· Provide appropriate reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis regarding planning, performance, evaluation of activity and other relevant environmental issues such as competitor activity, customer conflicts, market conditions, legislation changes etc. as per request from Regional GM
Financial | Accounting:
· Manage financial performance and secure delivery against key company KPIs (SNS/cs, GP/cs, BP/cs, OI).
· Serve as key point person for all BF Internal Audit discussions and financial negotiations with DPs together with Finance Manager
· Approve all incoming invoices (A&P, SG&A, and Discounts) together with Finance Manager
Legal | Compliance:
· Serve as the administrator of BF entity in the Thailand market, be the key contact for all legal issues in the market, liaise w/ BF legal department, review and sign all legal documents, contracts etc.
· Ensure that all local entity administrative requirements are undertaken in an efficient and effective manner, complying with local legal requirements and B-F corporate guidelines.
· Secure local team compliance with BF Code of Conduct, responsible marketing guidelines, promotion guidelines and other such codes that may be issued.
Team Management and Development:
· Recruit, select, hire and ensure on-boarding of new employees (when required).
· Ongoing communication of company values, strategies and objectives. Develop a climate of sharing openly info/opinions and providing honest & constructive feedback.
· Develop talent and capability within the team
· Set objectives/tasks and run formal reviews (mid-year, annual).
· Develop succession plans together with management team and HR
Ad Hoc Projects
• Provides ad hoc support on projects or other processes as needed
Qualifications & Requirements
· 10+ years of experience in FMCG industry, preferably spirits / image products, and be knowledgeable of the distributor / brand owner relationship.
· Management experience in either general management, sales or marketing.
· VUCA Mindset – experience in working in markets with rapidly changing economic, regulatory, consumer and customer conditions.
· Understanding of On- and Off-premise retail dynamics and structure, particularly key account and wholesaler management issues and techniques.
· Experience in working in an international environment, with proven track of international projects management and significant achievements within multinational teamwork’s.
· Experience in achieving objectives in a matrix organisational structure
· Fluent English
· Thai speaking and writing.
· Academic background in business related disciplines (MBA considered a plus).
· A team player able to work with others within a multinational company.
· Influencing skills to operate cross-border international operations.
· Analytical and conceptual thinking ability.
· Strategic planning skills/awareness and championing international strategy.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· IT literate / MS Office applications.
Brown Forman Core Competencies:
• Long-term Perspective
• Business Analytics
• Decision Making
• Leverage Diverse Thinking
• Managing through ambiguity
• Drive for Results
• Influencing Others
• Building Productive Relationships & Partnerships
• Champion of People
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: International
Req ID: JR-00000352