Brown-Forman Marketing Manager Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands Poland in Warsaw, Poland
Quote from Hiring Manager
The Marketing Manager is a senior brand leadership role, responsible for the Jack Daniel’s portfolio in Poland; one of Brown-Forman’s largest branded business units in Europe and the number 1 premium spirit brand in Poland. This role is responsible for the development and deployment of the long-term brand and business strategy in service of achieving its vision and ambition in Poland. This responsibility covers the full range of leadership and influences on brand, portfolio, and business value creation.
Meaningful Work From Day One
The role is first and foremost a marketing leadership role integral to the Brown-Forman Poland marketing function that leads the brand and business strategy for the Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands portfolio. The Jack Daniel’s FOB portfolio consists of JD Tennessee Whisky, JD Flavors, Gentleman Jack, JD Single Barrel, JD Bonded, JD Tripple Mash. The role reports into the Marketing Director for Poland.
This is a role which requires a significant amount of influence and an ability to lead, inspire and empower the Team, consisting of 3 direct reports. Responsibility includes shaping portfolio strategy and execution, stewarding business performance and building the marketing capabilities of the team to fuel Brown-Forman with ready talent. The role requires the ability to build strong relationships across the organization and collaborate effectively with regional and global teams.
What You Can Expect
● Leads the development of strategic portfolio plans which deliver the business ambition whilst dialing up Jack Daniel’s iconicity and relevance in Poland.
● Develop crisp (clear, results orientated, insightful, strategically aligned and prioritized) annual objectives and strategies for the brands that are aligned to global/European strategies as well as to local business needs.
● Bring the brands’ propositions to life by developing compelling communication strategies and activation plans together with Trade Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communication and Insight teams.
● Partners with the finance team to deploy all levers of revenue growth management to ensure sustainable, long-term value growth.
● Support implementation of the plans by partnering closely with direct reports and Poland cross functional team
● Guardian of the brand and portfolio P&Ls - optimizing strategy, investment (including A&P), pricing & promotions across channels, brands & SKU mix.
● Actively explore NPD opportunities with the Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands portfolio Strategic Relationships & Partnerships
● Active member of the Polish Marketing Leadership Team reporting to Marketing Director Poland and helping to shape the direction and growth of marketing department, talent and culture.
● Develop and lead strong working relationships with internal, external and global stakeholders
● Lead relationships with local and global creative and media agencies in partnership with IMC (Integrated Marketing Communications)
Drive for results
● Work with the BBI team (Brand and Business Insights) to review all relevant research data information
● Champion strong partnership with IMC (Integrated Marketing Communication) to drive the communication agenda of the portfolio in Poland as well as championing a test & learn approach
● Determine business performance corrective action where necessary in conjunction with sales counterparts.
● Influence production and global team to ensure right level of allocation for the market
● Spend time in the trade to understand practical implementation of all marketing promotional activities and competition
Lead & Inspire
● Day to day coaching of brand managers to develop their marketing and leadership skills and experience while providing clear direction on key priorities
● Support team development through on-going appreciative & constructive feedback and annual development plan
● Assist in the development of other marketing team members through sharing of expertise and leading by example
● Act as a role model of B-F values - support a Diverse and Inclusive culture where different perspectives are encouraged and individuals feel connected and valued
What You Bring to the Table
● Self-starter with proven ability to identify issues and projects, plan and prioritize with demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects to completion by specific deadlines.
● Ability to build strong relationships at all levels with strong stakeholder awareness.
● Collaborative team player, with good conflict management skills.
● Adaptable, flexible and resilient.
● Excellent presentation skills and translating financial information in a clear, concise and visually appealing way.
● Great analytical skills, commercially savvy and solution focused to solving problems.
● Superior communication skills (influencing, listening, presentations, written).
● Fluent Polish and English, both spoken and written.
● IT literate - MS Office applications & Google applications.
What Makes You Unique
● Qualified in marketing and minimum 8 years relevant experience.
● Proven track record of successfully delivering brand growth in a highly competitive environment.
● Previously worked in Wine & Spirit, Luxury Goods or FMCG company with above and below the line experience (including social and digital).
● Proven leadership, strategic thinking and decision-making abilities.
● Strong interpersonal skills; able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts and with diverse cultures.
● Strong commercial acumen.
● Previous line manager experience.
● Able and willing to travel internationally and attend evening and weekend events when needed.
● Knowledge of Polish On Trade channel would be a plus
Who We Are
“Everyday we make it, we make it the best we can"
For more than 150 years, the Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the lives of generations with super premium alcohol brands being recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies©" 2023.
Brown-Forman premium portfolio consists of American Whiskey: iconic brand - Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Woodford Reserve, and Old Forester; Scotch whiskys: Benriach, The GlenDronachand, Glenglassaugh; gins: Fords Gin and Gin Mare, tequilas: el Jimador and Herradura and Diplomático Rum.
Our consumers can experience our brands in approximately 170 countries.
We believe that through diversity and inclusion, we create an agile and more competitive organization where each employee has the opportunity to bring their best self and reach their desired potential.
Everyday, we lead with our core values at heart: integrity, respect, trust, teamwork, and excellence.
In Poland, the company was certified as a Great Place to Work© in 2022.
In Brown-Forman Polska there are three active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): GROW (Growing Real Opportunities for Women), YP (Young Professionals) and PRIDE (LGBTQI+). Alongside these ERGs, we have
various committees such as Alcohol Responsibility and Livewell teams that have great engagement within the business and make a difference to the environment we work in. We promote the wellbeing of our
employees & responsible enjoyment of our products.
What We Offer
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a leader in premium spirits, we offer equitable pay structures for individual and company performance alongside a premium employee experience. We offer a range of
premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
Please find below some highlights of the competitive benefits we offer include:
● Holistic onboarding program
● Private Medical Care
● Life Insurance
● Private Pension Plan
● Wellness - Multisport card
● Parental Benefits
● Bonus Plans: STI, Sales Incentive Plan, Holiday Bonus
● That’s The Spirit Awards
● Hybrid work style, that supports work-life balance
● Global training programs
● Live Well
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Europe Division
Req ID: JR-00006870