Brown-Forman Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyards Maintenance and Engineering Manager in Windsor, California
Develop and execute capital and maintenance projects, including cost reduction, continuous improvement, required regulatory and modernization projects for Sonoma- Cutrer Vineyards. Manage maintenance and engineering operational budget. Provide direction and support for all plant maintenance, ensuring that all engineering and maintenance activities and areas of responsibility adhere to required regulatory, safety, environmental and quality requirements. Support training and development of direct reports. Serve as liaison to corporate engineering and coordinate engineering work with contractors, consultants and winery leaders.
• Set policy and establish procedures for the department.
• Lead continued integration and improvements to work order management system to optimize efficiency and productivity. Manage maintenance activities to ensure productive, efficient operations, compliant with all Sonoma Cutrer Vineyards and regulatory requirements.
• Lead engineering projects for the operation.
• Assist operations management in developing and establishing performance standards and SOPs in conjunction with new equipment installations or process changes.
• Support the growth and development of team members, establishing performance standards and monitoring and evaluating performance within these standards.
• Oversee all vineyard employee housing tasks related to building, repairs and maintenance
• Remain abreast of engineering and maintenance regulatory, environmental, safety, OSHA and other requirements through training and education.
• Provide leadership for the application of Continuous Improvement Pillars, tools and training to meet business objectives.
● Support team in operational problem resolutions, continuous improvement and standardizing production processes.
● Engage in TPM training and integration into Sonoma Cutrer Vineyards.
● Assist in preparation of capital and operational budgets and Capital Appropriations Requests, including vendor sourcing and account responsibility.
• Manage labor/overhead budget to optimize resources and cost-efficiency.
• Prepare and present budget for capital, maintenance and engineering projects.
• Perform cost and productivity analyses and studies to identify cost-savings opportunities.
• Identify, implement and execute cost-savings initiatives.
● Leverage resources effectively to meet Sonoma Cutrer Vineyards plant KPIs per budget standards.
● Develop Standard Operating Procedures for department and train employees accordingly.
● Provide direction and oversight for the installation, preventative maintenance and repairs of all process equipment in adherence with quality standards and regulations.
● Lead structural improvement processes to ensure housekeeping and sanitation compliance.
● Maintain a safe work environment and promote accident prevention by eliminating potential hazards.
● Manage and drive key leader metrics (fall protection, machine guarding, arc flash, LOTO, etc.), including conducting Take a Minute for safety, performing area assessments and resolving all corrective actions in a timely manner.
● Understand and adhere to federal, state and local regulations.
● Adhere to Responsible Production Guiding Principles RPGP
Diversity & Inclusion
● Apply inclusive leader strategies to nurture a work environment where all employees feel empowered to bring their whole and best selves to work each day.
● Actively seek diversity of thought when working to solve problems, overcome challenges and innovate.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering with 3-5 years applicable experience in a manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Demonstrated people leader experience in a manufacturing environment.
● Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prepare and present finished reports and project updates using word processing, spreadsheet or other computer applications.
● Physically able to navigate freely in a manufacturing environment in the course of inspecting, observing and managing operations.
● Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel, internal and external.
● Ability to work additional hours and/or shifts to meet departmental goals, including weekends as needed.
● Work order system experience
● MBA or master’s degree
● Demonstrated experience in consumer packaging
● Knowledge of and Operating experience with Heating Ventilation and Cooling HVAC
• Walk, kneel, bend, stand, and sit.
• Lift up to 35-50 pounds.
• Climb stairs.
• Activities include regular and/or repeated walking, standing, bending, reaching, and light lifting. Noise levels may vary.
• May be in areas where hearing protection should be used, though not for extended periods (bottling, sorting tables).
• May be involved in 18-hour operation of winery, any time of day or year.
• Wet conditions may vary and may include slippery walking surfaces in cellars and other areas of the winery.#SM#TSM
Brown-Forman, founded in 1870, is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Brown-Forman currently employs about 4,000 people and has offices or facilities in 30 cities across the globe. Starting in the mid-1950s, the company began a series of acquisitions that would place it among the top 10 largest spirits companies in the world, selling its brands in more than 135 countries across the globe. These include many of the most well-known and best-loved wines and spirits brands, including Jack Daniel’s, Finlandia Vodka, Old Forester, Woodford Reserve, Herradura and el Jimador Tequilas, and Korbel champagnes. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt