Brown-Forman Viticulture and Harvest Assistant in Windsor, California
Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyards is seeking a motivated Viticulture and Harvest Assistant. This is a seasonal position, beginning in May and lasting through harvest (October). Qualified candidates should either be working towards a degree in Viticulture or Agriculture or have some vineyard experience. This position reports to the Viticulturist and will work primarily on estate owned vineyards. Candidates must be able to work night shift during harvest. Typical harvest hours are 2:00am – 10:00am. Overtime and some weekends may be required.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Collect vineyard data including but not limited to cluster counts, crop estimates, vine counts, sugar samples
• Weekly monitoring of vineyard sites for vine health, phenology, water status and communicate findings to Viticulturist
• Plant water stress monitoring using a Pressure Chamber
• Night harvest support
• Data input and organization via spreadsheets and databases
• Updating MSDS binders
• Special Projects as assigned
• May attend events and seminars related to the wine industry and grape growing practices
• If 21 years or older, may attend and participate in private wine tasting with the Winemaker and Assistant Winemakers
Education & Requirements:
• Viticulture coursework and/or have prior vineyard experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail
• Independent, self-starter with strong work ethic
• Must be proficient in Windows based programs and have the ability to create spreadsheets
• Valid CA Driver’s License required with clean DMV record
• Must be able to pass an online driving test
• Must be able to follow directions and read a map
• Ability to work outside in extreme weather for long periods of time
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus but not required
• Employee is expected to adhere to all company policies
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to drive motor vehicle long distances.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions including hot/cold weather temperatures, mud, dust, soft soil, walk on uneven terrain.
• Organization, Communication, Self-Starter.
Candidates must be willing to learn and capable of conforming to hygiene and sanitation requirements as described in the Brown-Forman Housekeeping and Sanitation Manual.
Please note: Applicants who are offered and accept this position will be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check prior to hire date.
Brown-Forman, founded in 1870, is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Brown-Forman currently employs about 4,000 people and has offices or facilities in 30 cities across the globe. Starting in the mid-1950s, the company began a series of acquisitions that would place it among the top 10 largest spirits companies in the world, selling its brands in more than 135 countries across the globe. These include many of the most well-known and best-loved wines and spirits brands, including Jack Daniel’s, Finlandia Vodka, Old Forester, Woodford Reserve, Herradura and el Jimador Tequilas, and Korbel champagnes. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Non-exempt